The main railway station of Odessa was built by architect Bernardazzi according to the project of the architect V.A. Schreter in 1884. Unfortunately, in the last days of the fascist occupation of Odessa, the station was destroyed. The new, now operating, railway station is built according to the project of A.M. Chuprin, who retained the look of the old station, shifting it to the south in order to increase the station square. On the facade are the memorable dates: 1944 - the year of liberation of Odessa and 1952 – the year of construction of this building.
The old station could take a thousand passengers a day. Today the passenger flow of the Odessa railway station is 24 thousand people.