Pavel Stepanovich Rally House is an architectural monument in Odessa. The house is located on Pushkins’ka Street and was built by the order of one of the representatives of the Greek family Ipitis Rally.
The plot in 1898 belonged to Peter Stepanovich Rally (1851 - 1911), in 1901 the area of the plot was 360 square meters. In 1907–1908, a new four-story apartment building was erected. The building was quite expensive - until its construction P. S. Rally was chairman of the board of the Odessa Accounting Bank, located a quarter below. Rally was also the owner of 16,503 square meters in Kherson, Tavriya and Podolsk provinces. The homeowner himself lived in his other apartment building on the street. Deribasovskaya, 9, and in recent years - on his own estate in Brailov. In February 1911, Peter Stepanovich Rally died in St. Petersburg, and since then, until the October Revolution, the site was owned by his wife Catherine Rally and daughter Maria Petrovna Rally.
In Soviet times, communal apartments were arranged in the house. During the Second World War, the rear wing, adjacent to the garment factory. Vorovsky was destroyed during the bombing. After the war, the remains of the southern part of the rear wing were used in the construction of a new wing.
The house has four floors with a basement, originally consisting of four wings, forming a closed courtyard. The facade of the house is made in a mixture of historicism and modernism. The most expressive elements of the house are a triangular pediment, balconies resembling canopies and inserts of red tiles. Sculptures of eagles are located in the side pediments, and various mythical creatures are located on the background of the main facade. The decoration of the courtyard facades is also expressive, but at the same time it is quite schematic - the windows are bordered by very three-dimensional frames and profile strips. Balconies are also decorated with cartouches with the monogram "AKP", which means Pavel Stepanovich Rally. In the spacious main entrance there is a marble staircase with a fence in the style of historicism.
The rear wing was almost completely destroyed during World War II, and a new four-story outbuilding was built on the remnants of its southern part after the war. This building received a similar decoration of the facades as the authentic house, but the distance between the new floors meets post-war Soviet standards. The stairs of the house are made of concrete, the stair railing is typical.